Ince Blundell, east of Hightown, is possibly the oldest settlement in Sefton.
The name Ince comes from Hinne a Celtic word meaning 'island in the marsh'.] This name bears evidence to Ince lying on a sandy ridge in the Alt valley, a place that in the past had been marshland.
In the 14th century, John Blundell, added his surname to Ince. The Blundells even as far back as medieval times were the main landowners in the area.
Built from 1720, Ince Blundell Hall was the home of the Blundells of Ince, who became the Weld-Blundells until 1959. The house is a Grade II listed building.
There are three public houses in the area, the Weld Blundell, the Red Squirrel, and The Pheasant.