A drawing of Christ Church on Lord Street Southport which depicts the layout and design from 1821.
Lord Street Southport
Christ Church, Church, Lord Street, Southport, Buildings
Robert Hesketh gave the site for Southport's first parish church on Lord Street in 1821. Christ Church was erected and consecrated by the Bishop of Chester on November 29th 1821. The drawing showing Christ Church is also referred to in Harry Foster's (2008) book "Southport a History". Harry Foster (2008) refers to the building on the left as the home of Rev. William Docker, who also ran the first day school for boys, which is situated on the right.