Inside the conservatory at the Botanic Gardens in Southport
The Conservatory, Botanic Gardens, Churchtown, plants
Botanic Gardens Churchtown
Southport and Churchtown Botanic Gardens Company acquired land from the Hesketh Estate which belonged to Meols Hall to establish the park and gardens. The company raised funds to landscape, and in 1875 Botanic Gardens was officially opened, a year after completion the museum, conservatory and tea rooms were added. The company became insolvent in 1932 and Southport corporation took over in 1937 until Sefton Council was formed in 1974.