The photograph shows a winter scene of Christ Church Waterloo in 1940.
Christ Church, Waterloo, 1940, building
The first Christ Church Waterloo was built in 1840 and was extended in 1851 and 1859. Originally the church was built to provide a place of worship for holiday visitors to the area. However, in 1890 it was discovered that ivy had caused structural damage and in 1899 the church was demolished, on December 2nd the same year a new church was built by architects Paley and Austin. The rebuilt church is no longer used as a place of worship, and is recorded in the National Heritage list for England as a Grade ll* listed building.