Southport War Memorial consists of two Colonnades and a central Obelisk, the colonnades have one small Chapel at each end. Memorial Gardens surround the Colonnades, which contain Remembrance Fountains and Pools.
Southport war memorial, lord street, people cars
London Square, Lord Street
On Sunday November 18th 1923 The Earl of Derby and the Children of the Fallen unveiled The War Memorial for the County Borough of Southport. The War Memorial is situated in London Square Lord Street, and is recorded in the National Heritage List for England, and designated as a Grade II* listed building.