The interior image was taken in the 1930s and shows the pulpit, pews and magnificent architecture.
Sefton Church is dedicated to St Helen and has been a place of continuous Christian worship for 850 years. The church is Grade1 listed and is reputed to have been founded in 1170 by the Molyneux family, the local landowners. There is no trace of the original church beyond a few carved fragments, the present building dates from the 16th century. However, the tower, steeple and part of the north aisle are remains from a 14th century reconstruction. There is a wealth of monuments inside the church ranging from 16th century brasses of the Molyneux family, and the Neo-classical memorial to William Blundell from 1807.
Interior, pews, church, St Helen's, Sefton, parish